Delivering the Healthcare of the Future, Today
Building a Stronger Nursing Workforce with Virtual Wards
We are delighted to invite you to join our webinar, ‘Delivering the Healthcare of the Future, Today: Building a Stronger Nursing Workforce with Virtual Wards' on 7th July 2022 @ 12 PM (BST).
Technology-enabled virtual wards have gained significant traction in the last two years. And for good reasons: they deliver excellent outcomes, control costs, and enable excellent satisfaction among patients and clinicians.
For the nurses delivering this care, the experiences provide opportunities for high-touch patient interaction, at a pace that allows for connection and compassion. In this webinar, a panel of nurses from the virtual wards at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and Wrightington, Wigan, and Leigh Teaching Hospital will share their experiences with this care model, lessons learned for program success, and their advice to other leaders and nurses building virtual wards.
- Moderator - Natasha Phillips, Chief Nursing Information Officer, NHS England
- Karen Downs, Clinical Lead Nurse - Monitoring@Home, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Claire Beard, Virtual Ward Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Michael Waters, Virtual Ward Operational Lead, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Matt Wilkes, Associate Director of Clinical Affairs, Current Health
In this session, you’ll learn:
- How virtual wards can support NHS trusts in recruitment and retention of nurses
- Options for virtual ward staffing models and upskilling teams
- How virtual wards enable nurses to more quickly identify patient deterioration and adapt care plans
- What new virtual ward nurses need to be successful